My Photo
Name:
Location: Greater Manchester, Lancs, United Kingdom

I have been to Pakistan many times working on a personal project to photograph the people of Pakistan. Again, this year, I have been to Pakistan for the same purpose. The fascinating aspect of my project on pictorial documentation of the ordinary people of Pakistan in their daily environment is that I spent time with them, where ever and when ever possible. I interacted to understand my human subjects. My photographs are not so much about art as about documenting a record depicting reality about my subjects. The photographs represent a small cross-section, in fact a snapshot, of some of the ordinary people of Pakistan and are not typical representation of the people of Pakistan. Establishing a rapport before taking photographs was rewarding towards better understanding of my human subjects in terms of their beliefs, culture, religion and feelings in a country like Pakistan which is very sensitive to photography on religious grounds.

Thursday, February 23, 2006

Afzal Ansary FRPS


This blog belongs to Afzal Ansary. More details to follow. Watch this space

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home